Thursday, November 18, 2004

Sorry, but I really just can't stand U2's new song "Vertigo." I'm sure you've seen those stupid ipod commercials with bono yelling those retarded lyrics. Seriously, U2, how can you start a song off with,

"Uno, dos, tres, catorce
Turn it up loud, captain"

For those of you who don't know spanish, that means "one, two, three, fourteen." Then, turn it up loud captain????? Any song that starts like that sucks. Then, he goes on to say:

"Hello, hello
Hola
I'm at a place called Vertigo
Donde esta"

What is that?? I think he learned a little Spanish and wanted to show off his skills and try and get some of the spanish market.
But, it's not over yet. He ends the song with some badass "yeahs":

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Wow, that's a lot of "yeah's" Way to go U2, you made an amazing song here. Who knows, maybe I'm missing some deeper meaning to these lyrics, but I seriously doubt it.
|