Monday, November 10, 2003

So I had a little adventure goin to the Taco Bell tonight. I had been studyin in the library for about an hour and couldn't really grasp anything that I was studying. The guy behind me decides that the library is made for him. In about 10 minutes he called two people and received two phone calls. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had excused himself from the designated study area, but nooooo, he just sat in his seat and talked away in a normal voice. That guy was just pissin me off, and I think he just contributed to my lack of comprehension. I don't know what happened, but it seems like everyone has forgotten that you're supposed to be quiet in the library. So, I put my books in my bag and stormed out of the library with unfinished business. I think to myself, "maybe I just need some food to re-energize my brain." And the first thing that comes to mind when I think brain food is... Taco bell. I get into my car, put all the windows down, turn up the Converge, and get on my way to taco bell. I drive up and see a line, but don't think much of it cause I'm really in the mood for some tacos. As I'm sittin in my car, a scruffy, dirty, old bum strolls up. I don't really get scared or anything, I figure I'll just give him some change and he'll let me be. He leans INTO my passenger side window and looks at me. This was kinda pushin it if you ask me. I don't think he read the bum etiquette guide. He decides to try and win me over with his charm and extends his hand for a handshake. I think, "aww crap, can't you see that I'm in line here to get some food. I don't want to get bum germs all over my hand and then eat my delicious tacos." I decide that it'd probably be better if I just gave him a little shake, for my own safety, considering he's halfway in my car. I want to get this guy outta here, so I go ahead and cut to the chase and say, "You want some money or somethin?" He says, "No." Now I start to worry. What does this guy want? Then, he tells me that he doesn't have any money. So here is, basically in my car, tellin me some elaborate story of how he needs a hotel room. He says he needs it for himself and his wife, and points to a lady sitting outside the front door of taco bell. I look over and see one lady smoking a cigarette in a Taco Bell shirt. This guy is just pissin me off now. We just met, I shook his hand, and now he lies to me??!?? I go for the ash tray full of change and start to get some money. He says, "Alright!! Just dump that whole thing in my hands!!!" I look at him and his dingy hands and give him about eight cents, and say "that's all I got." and he leaves disappointed. And then my whole mood changes when the nice Taco Bell lady comes on the speaker and asks ME what I want. Thank you taco bell, you made my day.

|